Tabernacle 101 - Movie 100 Minutes
Official Selections - Film Festivals
- Tagola Film Festival India – Winner Best Film
- White Nights Film Festival- St Petersberg Ruessia
- Rocky Mountain International Film Festival USA
- Anatolia International Film Festival Turkey
- Horror Bowl Movie Awards Winner Best Film
- Sci Fi Film Festival Sydney
- USA Official Cinema Release . Only 665 films released Theatrically 2019 in USA.
- Opening Night Film Sci Fi Film Festival Sydney
- Academy Oscars Requested Script
- 3 Film Festival Wins for Best Feature Film
- Nine Official Selections in Film Festivals around the World.
- Released on mutiple platforms in the United States. Amazon Prime Vudu Tubi Google Play Apple TV
- DVD and Blue Ray Released in USA
- IMDB average score 7 out of 10 off 2485 votes
- LA Times reported on the film
- Top American Podcasts interviews ref Film.
- Media Coverage in numerous Film Publications.
SYNOPSIS: The film could be described as “Flatliners meets Ghost”
Tabernacle 101 is a film about an atheist who sets out to disprove the afterlife. He runs a blog called “skeptics-bust.com“. With the help of his scientist girlfriend they manage to successfully perform an experiment in which he dies via lethal injection. After one hour of death, he is resurrected and can now reveal what happens when you die.
But he was wrong, there is indeed life after death and through his experiment, Frank opens a portal to satanic forces. It is now up to him to fix the problem and restore earth to its original state. He seeks the help of his arch-enemy, Meredith Palin, one of Australia’s most famous witches. Together they fight to destroy the satanic forces. Can they succeed?
Film Production Facts and Figures
- Supernatural Thriller – 98 Minutes
- Production Company International Film Base
- Director/Writer Colm O’Murchu
- Producers Colm O’Murchu & Yolandi Franken
- Film Shoot – 35 Days
- Shot on location in the Blue Mountains NSW Australia.
- Coldest temperature -2C (28F) Shoot Night 33
- Hottest temperature 42C ( 108F) Shoot Day 5
- Cast – David Hov , Mikaela Franco, Elly Hirani, Leon Kowalski
- Winner Best Film Tagore International Film Festival
- Selected White Nights Film Festival St Petersberg
- Selected Catalina Film Festival
- Released Friday 30th August 2019 United States
- Theatrical Run USA August – September 2019
- Amazon Prime Video United States
- Coming Release Date Australia – 28th August 2020
Director, Producer & Writer – Colm O’Murchu
Colm O’Murchu is a successful Indie Filmmaker and Director of three world wide successfully released feature films and one documentary. He created and runs Australian Film Base since 2004 and helped filmmakers produce hundreds of short films, made on the 4 Month filmmaking courses.
He also owns and runs the worldwide Blog /Podcast Indie Filmmaking Passion that helps other filmmakers make and create their own films and get them seen by a worldwide audience. He has spoken at Indie Film Seminars all over the world and created online film courses availalble here https://colmomurchu.com/online-film-courses/
His most recent film Tabernacle 101 has been released worldwide in 2019 and will be released in Australia in late 2020 premiering at the Sci Fi Film Festival. He is currently in development on his next feature film Absolute Freedom, an action adventure film set in the outback. He lives in the Blue Mountains NSW Australia and loves the outdoors and the mountains.
- 2019 Tabernacle 101 – 90 minute Movie Released August 2019 USA Releases everywhere else in 2020
- 2020 Producer Writer Director “Absolute Freedom”, 110 minute motion picture, in Development
- 2014 DOP Fractured Light
- 2012 DOP Repressed
- 2011 – Director, Dealing with Destiny feature film (Trailer below, available on ITunes)
- 2010 – Producer, Director, Editor, DOP, Writer, THE MAKEOVER feature film
- 2009- DOP, Editor, Another Day Another Dollar
- 2006 – Director, DOP, Editor, Central Station Records Records DVD 60 mins available in all major record stores
- 2006 Common Ancestor Short Film 15 minutes DOP
- 2006 DOP EDITOR MONEY TALKS
- 2006 KLM TV DOP
- 2006 In and Out Short Film DOP Editor
- 2005 Andorra Music Clip Screened Foxtel Music Chanels SBS Director DOP Editor
- 2005 Documentaries for Ethnic Business Awards 90 Minutes Screened SBS November 2005
- 2005 Hidden Ciriculem Short Film DOP Edito
- 2005 Duality Short Film 15 Minutes Director DOP Editor Writer
- 2005 The Beach House Feature Film DOP Sydney Shoot
- 2005 The Negotiation Short Film DOP
- 2005 Ducking for Cover Short Film DOP Editor
- 2004 Three The Hard Way Feature Film Starring Sam Worthington and Steve Bestoni DVD Behind the Scenes
- 2002 – The Elixir 82 mins, Super 16mm, Producer, Writer & Director. Screenings: Cairns Film Festival (Work in Progress) 2002, Byron Bay Festival Work in progress 2001, Two awards at the Down Under Film Festival Best Director and Best Editor.The Elixir won Best Director and Best Editor awards at the Down Under Film Festival. Sales Agent for the film is Film Works in Australia New Zealand and American Film Partners in LA.
- 1999 – Celebrity Suicide 5mins, DV, Producer, Writer & Director.
- 1998 – Xenophobia 7mins, 16mm, Producer, Writer & Director. Screenings: Comedy Channel.
- 1996 – Metamorphis 20mins, 16mm, Producer, Director, & Writer. Awards: Best Editor, Sydney New Film Festival, Best Special Effects, Sydney New Film Festival.
- 1994 – Best Friends 13mins, 16mm, Producer, Director & Writer.
Related Film Experience
- 2012 – 1997 – (15 years) The Film Making and Directing Course. Colm is the founder and Head Film Instructor of the 4 Month Film School and Australian Film Base teaching emerging film makers how to make films. Colm has been involved with 171 student film productions.
- 1997 – 2000 Freelance Writer, IF Magazine.
- 1986 – 1985 – Freelance Photojournalist, Cambodia